Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Joy, Joy, Joy

Joy has dawned upon the world,
Promised from creation,
God's salvation now unfurled,
Hope for every nation.

Not with fanfares from above,
Not with scenes of glory,
But the humble gift of love,
Jesus born of Mary.

Sounds of wonder fll the sky,
With the songs of angels,
As the mighty Prince of Life,
Shelters in the stable.

Hands that set each star in place,
Shaped the earth in darkness,
Cling now to a mother's breast,
Vuln rable and helpless

Shepherds bow before the Lamb,
Gazing at the glory;
Ghifts of men from distant lands
Prophesy the story.

Gold-a King is born today,
Incense-God is with us,
Myrrh-His death will make a way,
And by His blood He'll win us.

Son of Adam, Son of Heaven,
Given as a ransom;
Reconciling God and man,
Christ, our mighty champion!
What a Savior! What a Friend!
What a glorious myst'ry!
One a babe in Bethlehem,
Now the Lord of hist'ry.


Christmas Eve..

Above the giving and receiving of presents and the possible massive ingestion of food and sweets, the irish carols singing and the apple-cinnamon pie and tangerines scent..our true reason for our joyful hearts is the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ and I want nothing than to be in constant thankfulness for the blessing of being in His Hands, what He has done in spite of what I've done, for the promises He gave us for this life and for the ones about our home beyond the skies for which we are so longing..I'll bend my unworthy keens at the humble stable and welcome you, my Savior, my King, my Light, my Friend..

No comments:

Post a Comment